Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Obama is the next President, McCain gives his concession speech

Thinking it would be hours before we knew, I was asleep. Then cutting through my dreamless state, "He did it," she whispered. "He won." I bolted out bed and followed her to the television. Half delirious and in complete shock, I tried to believe what she was saying. I had to see it.

And there was McCain giving his concession speech, sounding like the kind of man that anyone could respect. I listened with my mouth open like a child and my mind drifted a million places at once:
How would this race have been different if the man giving the concession had been the same man that we had been seeing all these months on the television (but political analyst are better suited for this question, I guess)?
How can they know the results already? Can this be right?

But McCain is the one saying . . .

Oh my God, he won.

I keep listening. What does this mean? My country is . . . I don't have the words yet.

--N. Fury--
Room For Me


McCain's concession speech, his promise to get behind our new President, and his acknowledgement of our first African-American President.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your message. I would love to hear your honest thoughts and opinions but no cursing please. --N. Fury--